Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20-25 min
Total time: 35 min
|1 1/3 lb ground beef|
|1 small onion|
|4-5 fresh garlic cloves|
|1/2 green pepper|
|1 small chorizo stick|
|2 tablespoons of olive oil|
|16 oz can of tomato sauce
|A couple of splashes of your favorite red wine|
- Cut up onion, green pepper, fresh garlic and chorizo (diced or sliced). Sauce in olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add your ground beef and cook until almost brown.
- Stir in the seasonings (I always eyeball the amount, start with a little and add more if needed).
- Once the ground beed is brown, add in the tomato sauce and wine. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins and then serve.
Tip: Serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. You can also pair it with a salad or some roasted veggies such as asparagus. Click here for my roasted asparagus with freshly grated parmesan cheese recipe.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Be sure to leave me a comment below if you give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Until next time.