*Note: This post contains affiliate links to some of my favorite products listed below.
If you’re an expecting mom and have a little one (or little one’s) on the way, congratulations! I remember when I was awaiting the arrival of my boys, there was nothing more relieving than knowing that I was prepared and had everything I needed for them. There are so many registry lists out there to give you an idea of what items you need for your baby. But I have to say based on personal experience, I don’t agree 100% with most of the registry lists that are out there. I find that most lists contain items that I simply could’ve lived without or items that I didn’t even end up using.
Today I am going to share with you is a list of items that not only helped me survive the newborn phase, but also the months that followed. Remember, there may be little things that you will need as your baby goes through different stages, but this list covers just the basic essentials to start out with.
- Car seat: https://amzn.to/2BcWlec
- Stroller: https://amzn.to/2MMaKPM
- Crib sheets (2-3): https://amzn.to/2KSXTts
- Sleepsack Wearable blanket: https://amzn.to/2BbZQ4B
- Infant bath tub: https://amzn.to/2Mso3b4
- Baby healthcare and grooming kit: https://amzn.to/2vIRjRr
- Nosefrida nasal aspirator: https://amzn.to/2KRrtiZ
- Diapers: https://amzn.to/2Bba2du
- Wipes: https://amzn.to/2vKgDGO
- Aquaphor: https://amzn.to/2KPdytv
- Diaper bag: https://amzn.to/2Bd0r64
- Bottles (minimum of 4 of the 4 oz and 5-6 of the 8 oz.)
- Bottle drying rack: https://amzn.to/2P45ybs
- Bibs & burp cloths
- Changing pad (changing station is not a necessity as you can use the changing pad anywhere): https://amzn.to/2OD887j
- Changing pad cover: https://amzn.to/2MLZWkN
- Changing pad liners: https://amzn.to/2w8pNfx
- Changing caddy: https://amzn.to/2LXzOqz
- 2-3 blankets of your choice (I love the muslin blankets because you can use them to swaddle the baby, cover while out, cover while breastfeeding and more so it’s multi-functional): https://amzn.to/2vGghRm
- Baby monitor/camera
- Pack n play play yard: https://amzn.to/2KSBKeH
- High chair: https://amzn.to/2MKTVoq OR booster feeding chair: https://amzn.to/2Bb1ovz
It depends on your needs and if you have space for a regular high chair. In our new apartment, we were limited in space so we purchased the booster feeding chair and the baby joined us at the table.
- Baby play gym: https://amzn.to/2OBlC3k
- Fisher price rock n play: https://amzn.to/2Pe8dj4
For breastfeeding mama’s, then there are a few additional essentials you will want to add to the list such as:
- Nipple cream: https://amzn.to/2B8xFUb
- Breast milk storage bags or containers: https://amzn.to/2BbzEXM
- Nursing pads: https://amzn.to/2MKhwFC
- Boppy nursing pillow: https://amzn.to/2P9N09N
- Nursing cover: https://amzn.to/2B8wS5F
- *Breastpump: https://amzn.to/2P6BDiW
*Note: A breast pump is essential for breastfeeding mamas! But before adding this to your registry list, be sure to check with your insurance provider, as most insurance companies will provide you a breast pump at little or no cost.
And that’s pretty much it! I hope you have found this list helpful. If you have any questions or want to share any items you have found essential that are not listed, please leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you!
Until next time.